Teacher of Religious Studies
Due to a member of the team taking a sabbatical year, we are seeking a colleague with excellent qualifications, who is enthusiastic and dynamic with a strong ambition to build on our success to date. It is a possibility that this contract will be extended.
The ideal colleague will work collaboratively with the team, be receptive to innovative practices and be an inspirational and motivational practitioner. It is expected that all colleagues take an active role in every aspect of the work of the Religious Studies department and the school which is at an exciting stage in its improvement journey. Ideas and new initiatives are warmly welcomed. A sense of humour and the ability to be a team player are vital.
The successful candidate will:-
• be an excellent teacher and impart a love of Religious Studies to
• be a strategic and innovative thinker;
• be committed to raising achievement and levels of progress for
• be focused on improving teaching and learning;
• be able to inspire and motivate pupils and colleagues
• be a team player with excellent interpersonal and
• have excellent subject knowledge
Essential educational requirements
Relevant, recognised degree or equivalent.
Qualified teacher status
A recognised degree or equivalent
Essential skills and experience
Successful Religious Studies teaching in an 11-16 school- either in placement or employment
Experience of the teaching of Religious Studies
You will receive high quality, comprehensive CPD and support from your colleagues who will coach and guide you through any continued professional development. Parklands has a bespoke NQT/RQT programme in place and staff also benefit from access to the UK’s leading provider of corporate healthcare cash plans provided by UK Healthcare and out of hours access to our brand new gym facilities.
About Parklands High School
Parklands High School is a high-achieving 11 - 16 mixed comprehensive standalone academy.
- Southport Road, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 1LL
- Parklands High School website (opens in a new window)