Teacher of Religious Studies
• To provide a full learning experience and support for students.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher and Tutor.
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
• To share and support each Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for spiritual, personal and academic growth.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant Degree
• Teaching Qualification
• Evidence of Continual Professional Development
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching at KS3, KS4 and/or KS5
• Understanding and application of strategies to raise standards across the ability range through effective teaching and learning
• Sensitivity to the learning needs of all pupils
• Demonstrate understanding of using comparative data, together with information about pupil’s prior attainment to establish benchmarks and set targets for improvement
• Identify usage of current good practice in assessment techniques and the monitoring of pupil progress across all key stages
• Demonstrate application of information and communication technology for development of learning and teaching in the subject
• Ability to inspire, enthuse and motivate pupils and staff
• Excellent classroom management to encourage positive behaviour
About Samuel Whitbread Academy
Samuel Whitbread Academy We offer an exceptional academic and extracurricular experience at Samuel Whitbread Academy in an outstanding learning environment where students are expected to work hard and achieve their best. In our last Ofsted inspection, we were judged as ‘Good’ with many outstanding features and over the next three years we have set ourselves the target of being Outstanding! Our GCSE results are amongst the best in the Local Authority. We offer a well-balanced curriculum with plenty of choice to prepare our students for the next stage in their lives. Most of our students continue on to the Sixth Form, which is one of the largest and highest performing in the area - providing students with a huge range of courses designed to match the expectations of universities and employers. Our pastoral care is exceptional and we have dedicated pastoral support teams for each Year Group. The Academy is also broken down into five houses, named after people who have made a distinctive contribution to our community. These provide the framework for the multitude of different competitions, celebrations and charity events that bring our school community together during the year. Extra-curricular opportunity is a vital part of our ethos and we expect all of our students to get involved in at least one club or activity. There are a huge number of opportunities ranging from highly competitive sports teams to spectacular drama and musical performances. We enjoy showing visitors around the school so please take the opportunity to come and see us during the school day, so you can see Samuel Whitbread Academy in action and we can answer any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Nick Martin, Principal. Shefford, Bedfordshire
- Shefford Road, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5QS
- Samuel Whitbread Academy website (opens in a new window)