Teacher of Religious Studies (Secondary)
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
12 June 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Usually at least 27.5 hours a week
- View all Part timejobs - part time or full time
Full-time equivalent salary
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Why should you come and work with us?
• we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
• half-price wrap around care if your child/ren attend Kids’ City after school club provision (either at Woodmansterne or another school);
• we have amazing new buildings with two fantastic libraries, dedicated ICT suites, specialist food rooms, science labs, music provision and well-resourced, ICT rich learning spaces and a huge playing field;
• our exciting, enriched, curriculum is pupil-centred aimed at capturing every child’s full learning potential;
• we are committed to staff well-being and have a well-being committee who arrange book clubs, exercise classes and well-being activities;
• a commitment to personalised professional development and opportunities for career growth;
• we have a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, who are completely committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
• access to Cyclescheme;
• free refreshments in our wonderful spacious staffrooms and work areas;
• delicious food cooked by our Chefs in Schools team at affordable prices;
• the uniqueness of our all-through provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration;
• we have strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
What skills and experience we're looking for
Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions . As a growing school, we are looking to extend our team further and employ exceptional staff who share our values and determination to ensure that Woodmansterne pupils receive a first-class education.
We are looking for an outstanding Teacher of RE with:
- very high expectations of what can be achieved;
- a proven track record in raising pupil attainment;
- an understanding of how children learn and the complexities of this process;
- the skills to work successfully as a team member establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices;
- experience of following direction and working in collaboration with colleagues, parents, pupils and the school community;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- a creative and innovative approach to school improvement;
- the ability lead on the educational progress, achievement and enrichment experience (including trips, rewards and clubs) of all pupils across the school.
Our strong and experienced leadership team are committed to providing an exceptional and enriching education for all our young people
What the school offers its staff
Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions. we are looking to extend our team and employ exceptional staff who share our values and determination to ensure that our young people receive a first-class education.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 380 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woodmansterne School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1483 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woodmansterne School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Working at Woodmansterne is never dull. Creative ideas are listened to and considered and challenge is encouraged. Staff here are keen and confident to go the extra mile, knowing that their input is valued and respected. Woodmansterne is a special place, ask anyone who has walked through our doors, the learning environment is calm and enriched; pupils, staff and parents are happy. Our goal is simple, to ‘achieve excellence together’, we do this by supporting each other and a relentless focus on inspiring our young people (and each other) to be the very best version of themselves that they can be. Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions . Working closely across phases has ensured cohesion between staff, a greater understanding of effective transition and how children learn and flourish. It has been a pioneering journey, one that we have embraced as a community, we have learnt from each other, risen to challenges and overcome obstacles together. As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team. Prospective applicants are always welcome to come and visit, please contact the Emma-Louise King at email@example.com or by phoning the School Office on 02087641825
Arranging a visit to Woodmansterne School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Religious Education
94-98 Leigham Court Road, LONDON, SW16 2QB
Teacher of Humanities (RS or History)
Woodmansterne Road, London, SW16 5UQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London