Teacher of Religious Studies (with potential PSHE TLR)
Samuel Whitbread Academy, Shefford, Bedfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Religious education, History|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Bedfordshire Schools Trust (BEST) comprises eight flourishing academies and two nurseries delivering first choice education, from Early Years to Advanced Level study. Our vision is ‘to grow the BEST in everyone.’ We believe in the importance of high expectations, hard work and the development of a community of schools where each of us strive to ‘be the best that we can be.’ Our schools work together to add value and compete to continually improve.
Samuel Whitbread Academy would like to appoint an innovative and confident Teacher of Religious Studies to join our close-knit department.
At Samuel Whitbread Academy we are genuinely committed to ensuring that each student fulfills his or her potential. We place great emphasis on engagement, resilient and independent learning.
The Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics Department has cutting edge facilities and the successful applicant will support the department in providing an outstanding learning experience for our students.
If you are passionate about Religious Studies and enjoy teaching across a full age and ability range, then this is the position for you.
To meet the team or to arrange a school tour, please do not hesitate to contact Samuel Whitbread Academy via the information listed below.
Applicants must be willing to undertake a DBS clearance and the Academy must receive two satisfactory references before the successful candidate can commence employment.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 9th February 2020
INTERVIEW DATE: w/c Monday 10th February 2020
Information about Samuel Whitbread Academy can be found on the school website https://www.samuelwhitbread.org.uk/
Applications may be made online via the MyNewTerm website, If you would prefer a Word Application Form, one may be obtained by directly emailing Samuel Whitbread Academy via the contact details provided below.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promotion of children's welfare and offers of employment are subject to DBS clearance and two satisfactory references.
Strictly no agencies.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant Degree
• Teaching Qualification
• Evidence of Continual Professional Development
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching at KS3, KS4 and/or KS5
• Understanding and application of strategies to raise standards across the ability range through effective teaching and learning
• Sensitivity to the learning needs of all pupils
• Demonstrate understanding of using comparative data, together with information about pupil’s prior attainment to establish benchmarks and set targets for improvement
• Identify usage of current good practice in assessment techniques and the monitoring of pupil progress across all key stages
• Demonstrate application of information and communication technology for development of learning and teaching in the subject
• Ability to inspire, enthuse and motivate pupils and staff
• Excellent classroom management to encourage positive behaviour
|School size||1660 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||13 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Samuel Whitbread Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Samuel Whitbread Academy
Shefford Road, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5QS