Teacher of Resistant Materials and Design Technology
This job expired on 9 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 32.436 hours per week.
- Fixed term - 12 months
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to be ‘outstanding.’
- Specialist knowledge of the Resistant Materials curriculum.
- Able to motivate and inspire students to have deep learning experiences in Resistant Materials and Design Technology.
- Able to plan effectively for a range of learning styles and abilities.
- Able to use a range of assessment strategies to provide effective feedback that enables students to make effective progress.
- Able to use assessment data to effectively plan next steps in students’ learning.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to ongoing Professional Learning and development.
- Fluent in the use of ICT for learning, teaching and administration.
- Able to be flexible and to use initiative to move strategies forward and maximise impact.
What the school offers its staff
Staff at Balshaw’s have an hour per week of dedicated Professional Development time which currently takes place on a Thursday evening. Balshaw’s is also a member of a number of school-to-school support networks that are a legacy of Teaching Schools and staff both deliver training and are able to take part in training across these networks.
All staff are provided with laptop computers, have a dedicated staffroom, staff silent working room, CPD library, Staff Health and Wellbeing Resource Library and various kitchen areas and departmental offices. Staff also benefit from the use of a fully-equipped fitness suite.
Those who come to teach and work at Balshaw’s will have fantastic opportunities to progress their careers and gain a wealth of experience. That said, Balshaw’s also enjoys an incredibly stable workforce and when you hear the phrase ‘Once a Balshavian, always a Balshavian’ you will realise it to be a truth. The school is only on its 14th headteacher in its 241 year history!
Balshaw’s is more than a school – it is a family. This post offers you the opportunity to become part of the Balshaw’s family where you will be able to make a difference to the lives of the young people who are our future.
Further details about the role
The school is looking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic individual as a teacher of Resistant Materials at KS4 who also has the ability to teach across the D&T subjects at KS3. This position has become available because of the relocation of an existing member of staff. We are looking for the best possible candidate irrespective of whether they are an ECT or a highly experienced teacher.
This position is temporary for one year in the first instance. The reason for this is that the intent and implementation of the KS3 D&T Curriculum will be redesigned for September 2024 so that it no longer needs to be blocked at KS3.
Although this position is required from September, we would consider an application from a colleague in post who would only be able to start in January.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Balshaw's Church of England High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 918 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01772 421009
Voluntary Controlled Secondary School (Ages 11 - 16)
Arranging a visit to Balshaw's Church of England High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Queens Road West, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 4FF
Woodhey High School
Bolton Road West, Bury, Lancashire, BL0 9QZ
Bolton Road, Chorley, Lancashire, PR7 3AY
The Valley Leadership Academy
Fearns Moss, Bacup, Lancashire, OL13 0TG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool