Teacher of RS
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a team of dedicated professionals who aim to empower our students to be the next generation of leaders through our values of
leadership, enrichment, scholarship and kindness.
We would like from you :
- To be a teacher who can foster a real love of learning and enable our students to achieve academic success.
- The enthusiasm, energy and determination to make an impact on the quality of education at our school.
- A willingness to get involved in extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you:
- Excellent professional development opportunities as part of a growing family of seven schools – see www.seeat.org
- Lovely students and expert colleagues in a school that fosters positive relationships, good wellbeing, promotes equality and inclusion and celebrates diversity.
VISION AND PURPOSE
- To liaise with colleagues within Westcliff High School for Girls and within the South East Essex Academy Trust to support strategic development, share good practice and plan collaborative activities.
- Uphold the school’s values of Scholarship, Leadership, Enrichment, and Kindness.
- Ensure high quality teaching across the department.
- Raise student attainment.
- Maximise the learning experiences and achievement of students.
- Monitor and report on student progress.
- Plan and contribute to activities within the department
- Undertake the role of Form Tutor, as required.
- Play a full part in the school and ensure that the vision and values of the school and the trust are upheld at all time.
- Teach assigned students, ensuring a high-quality learning experience for all.
- Plan and prepare curriculum lessons in conjunction with school and departmental requirements and policies, including external syllabus requirements.
- Assist in the development of curriculum plans, syllabi, resources, schemes of work, and policies.
- Set and mark work in accordance with the school’s assessment and marking procedures.
- Contribute to the review and quality assurance of curriculum plans as directed by senior leaders in the school.
- Contribute to the school and departmental improvement plans and their implementation.
- Maintain student records through the school’s assessment procedures and use these to inform teaching.
- Where necessary, liaise with colleagues to ensure effective provision e.g. coteachers, associate support staff, trainee teachers.
- Communicate effectively with parents when required including during parent’s consultation evenings.
- Collaborate and work with colleagues and other relevant professionals within and beyond the school effectively to promote a high quality of education for all students.
- Where necessary, collaborate with persons or bodies outside the school and participate in meetings arranged for the purposes of pupil progress.
- Initiate any necessary interventions to enable students to progress, including where relevant operating in line with a student’s Individual Education Plan.
- Promote teamwork and ensure effective working relations.
- Ensure the Behaviour Management policy is implemented in the department so that effective learning can take place.
- Support the department participating in the school’s ITT programme.
- To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive mission and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
- Proactively seek opportunities to develop professional practice through further training opportunities.
- Undertake the role of form tutor, as required including the delivery of PDE resources.
- To participate in the life of the House System.
- Comply with any reasonable request from the Headteacher or other school leader to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
For more information, including information about our Religious Studies department and the job description/person specification for the role
please click here view our electronic information pack.
Westcliff High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children. The school complies with the DBS Code of Practice in regard to criminal record information, and will not discriminate unfairly against any applicant on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. A copy of the school’s safeguarding policies are available on request. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 guidance all shortlisted candidates may be subject to online searches that may include social media. For further information please contact HR@seeat.org
This job post has expired.