Teacher of Science
3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Depending on checks
5 June 2023 at 11:59pm
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time teaching hours
- M1 - UPS 3 £28,000 - £43,685 Per Annum
There may also be a possibility of relocation allowance to a suitable candidate, and a Recruitment and Retention allowance of £3,000 pro rata for external candidates.
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A good degree in a specialist subject teaching qualification.
- Nationally recognized teaching qualification.
Teaching Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- The skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
- To recognise all teachers can get better and consciously work to improve.
- Understanding of current curriculum issues in relation to teaching subject/s.
- Able to effectively and appropriately use resources to enact the curriculum well.
Leadership skills, knowledge and experience
- Be flexible and responsive to a changing educational environment.
- Contribute to whole school initiatives.
Communication skills, knowledge and experience
- Committed to working co-operatively with young people; able to communicate sensitively and effectively with them in a manner that shows high positive regard.
- Able to communicate effectively with parents to represent the Academy positively and feedback information as appropriate.
- Able to seek and understand development opportunities for self and others.
- Committed to own professional development.
- Willing to contribute to the professional development of others.
Attitude and Motivation
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and prepared to work hard within limits necessary to maintain The Academy’s FamilyFirst ethos.
- Honest and open.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Have high expectations of what students and staff can achieve.
- Fully supportive of the aims and ethos of a successful Academy.
- Enthusiasm and commitment towards extra curricula activities.
- To have an up-to-date understanding of structural inequities that make it difficult for some groups to succeed.
Health and Safety
- Aware of Health and Safety and Safeguarding as appropriate to role.
Health and Appearance
- Good attendance and punctuality record.
- A willingness to dress professionally in accordance with the culture of the organisation.
What the school offers its staff
Scale M1 – UPS3 £28,000 - £43,685 per annum
Access to Teachers' Pension Scheme
Regional networks of Trust colleagues and access to key leaders in Education
Commitment to employee Health and Wellbeing including dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
Rewards and Recognition Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
Further details about the role
The Teacher of Science role at Lodge Park Academy is an important one. We seek someone who believes in the power of knowledge to transform lives, and who is driven by evidence informed ‘best bets’ about curriculum and pedagogy. We benefit from a trust-wide history curriculum, strong collaboration between departments in 11 secondary schools and a strong subject community of like-minded curriculum enthusiasts.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Lodge Park Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 933 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Lodge Park Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Lodge Park Academy is a mixed secondary school situated on the edge of Corby in Northamptonshire, which was officially opened by Formula 1 ace Lewis Hamilton in May 2013. We offer a high quality education for students aged 11 to 19. The aim of the academy, which is a proud member of the David Ross Education Trust, is to work in partnership with parents, industry and the community to deliver a world-class education for our students. Our values and ethos Resilience, Respect, Tolerance We are proud to be leading education providers for the community we serve. Our academy combines the highest standards of teaching with impressive new facilities. Lodge Park understands that every student needs a strong academic foundation to achieve the highest standards. We also understand that this can be supported by a multitude of co-curricular activities. From sport to music, CCF to technology, there is something for everyone. Our aim is that students develop new interests and life-long passions while at our academy. We offer an academic curriculum which is supported by an innovative programme of co-curricular activities that support the development of well-rounded and confident individuals. We want every student to be the very best they can be, and a credit to themselves and their community. Since joining the David Ross Education Trust in 2013, our ability to do this has further strengthened. We are proud that we are able to offer our students unrivalled enrichment and sporting opportunities, building confidence and shaping aspirations in all our young people.
Arranging a visit to Lodge Park Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Ashlawn Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5ET
Greening Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN14 6BB
Malcolm Arnold Academy
Trinity Avenue, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN2 6JW
Jack Hunt School
Bradwell Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9PY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton