Teacher of Science
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
Summer or September start
17 April 2023 at 9am
29 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status - Degree or equivalent. Good Honours degree.
- Higher Professional qualification.
- Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice in the subject.
- Experience of teaching a wide range of abilities. This role would be suitable for an ECT or an experience teacher.
- Experience of pastoral/tutor role.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent teaching skills, including effective communication skills, ability to motivate students and the capacity to create good learning environments.
- A clear understanding of the characteristics of high-quality teaching and learning and achievement for all pupils.
- Knowledge of current issues and recent developments in the curriculum area.
- Capacity to use ICT as integral part of teaching.
- Knowledge and an understanding of the value-added agenda, including levels of progress.
- Ability to lead initiatives, support the process of change and work effectively in a team. Secure commitment to a clear aim and direction for the subject.
- Understanding of equal opportunities issues and their application to work
- Understanding of particular needs of pupils with SEN.
- Awareness of factors affecting language and learning across the curriculum.
- Knowledge/involvement in other cross curricular initiatives/projects or whole school developments.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the subject. Ability to use own initiative.
- A commitment to the vision of the school.
- A commitment to inclusive education.
- Ability to form good working relationships with pupils and staff.
- High standards and expectations
- Ability to use pupil assessment data to raise achievement.
- Outstanding communication skills. Reliability and integrity.
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting of welfare of children issues
- A willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities.
- A commitment to personal and professional development
What the school offers its staff
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Suthers School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 412 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Suthers School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Similar jobs nearby
St Peter and St Paul, Catholic Voluntary Academy
Western Avenue, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN6 7SX
Heanor Gate Spencer Academy
Kirkley Drive, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7RA
Hall Park Academy
Mansfield Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG16 3EA
Nursery Avenue, Sandiacre, Nottinghamshire, NG10 5AF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham