An exciting opportunity has arisen at the St Leonards Academy, and we are looking to appoint a creative and dedicated Teacher of Science with a passion for their subject and a commitment to raising standards for all learners. The Science department prides itself on inspiring confidence in our students and colleagues and delivering high quality, engaging and effective learning. We are open to the right candidate regardless of specialism.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom
- Fully committed to learning, high-quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working
Here at The St Leonards Academy, we have a clear vision of what creates successful learners. And we know how to implement it.
Our students are enthusiastic about learning because we make sure we supply excellent teaching and exceptional pastoral care.
As well as focussing on academic achievement we are equally committed to the improvement of our students' character through the promotion of our five virtues of kindness, respect, honesty, resilience and self-discipline.
They have opportunities galore to develop these virtues through our personal development curriculum and our enrichment programme that offers everything from rock-climbing to formal debating.
Above all, they take pride in themselves, their school, and their learning.
We truly value the experience, the dedication and the commitment of all our employees. When you work with us, we will offer you industry leading benefits including:
- Teachers and Support Staff receive automatic annual pay awards
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A commitment to your health & wellbeing; onsite Wellbeing Champions, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, an Employee Assistance program
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Generous annual leave+ bank holidays
The University of Brighton is the sponsor of the University of Brighton Academies Trust. Close connection with the university allows us to draw on the expertise of its education experts and external contacts – something that greatly benefits our academies and our pupils.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.