Teacher of Science
This job expired on 21 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
21 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
8 March 2023
- Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week.
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPS 1 - UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Teacher of Science. You will have good subject knowledge, a passion for Science, and want students to love Science as much as we do. As a member of the Outwood Family you will share our vision of “Students First”.
The Science Department has a wide range of teaching experiences from which we all benefit. It is housed in six specialist laboratories and three hybrid teaching laboratories. All three sciences are strong and popular at Outwood Academy Acklam, with pupils regularly achieving the highest grades from a wide variety of socio-economic backgrounds. We have excellent practical teaching resources and two wonderful technicians to support your practice.
The science element of the role will involve teaching across Key Stages 3 and 4. At Key Stage 3 (Years 7 – 9) science is taught as “General Science” through our evolving, dynamic and well-resourced new KS3 course. At Key Stage 4 most teachers specialise in their degree subjects, and are actively encouraged through our Outwood Institute of Education subject CPD programmes to broaden their specialisms and future career opportunities.
OGAT are proud to be a part of the National Institute of Teaching (NIoT) hosting its North and East campus as Outwood Academy Redcar and Outwood Academy Adwick. The NIoT identifies best practice in education, in order to develop cutting-edge, evidence-based teacher training and professional development programmes. OGAT colleagues will benefit from the work of the institute, which draws on the expertise of some of the most outstanding school leaders in education today. For our ECT colleagues a full and detailed programme of support and development, including science subject specialism support will be provided.
To view the full job description please click here.
To view the person specification, which you should use when completing your application, click here.
What the school offers its staff
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS - WHAT DO WE OFFER AS AN EMPLOYER?
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy, along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
About Outwood Academy Acklam
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1179 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Outwood Academy Acklam website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01642 818200
Arranging a visit to Outwood Academy Acklam
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Northfield School and Sports College
Thames Road, Billingham, Teesside, TS22 5EG
Teacher of Science (Physics or Chemistry specialist preferred)
St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College
Woodhouse Lane, Bishop Auckland, County Durham, DL14 6JT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Middlesbrough