We are seeking
to recruit a passionate Teacher of Science who will be an excellent role model
with a desire to share this with pupils and staff, and you will be committed to
raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes including;
- To be a mentor as required.
- To work as part of a team to deliver high quality
lessons within an agreed scheme of work in line with the National Curriculum
and other internal and external examination requirements.
- Monitor, evaluate, assess and review the work of
individual students and groups of students in line with school policies to
ensure continuous improvement of standards.
- To record the work covered by each class including
homework and test scores.
- To ensure high standards of achievement and
- To be responsible for the discipline of all
students in your classroom, before, during and after the lesson.
- To manage the work of any additional adults in your
lessons including teaching assistants and learning mentors etc.
- Maintain an excellent environment and culture for
learning in the faculty through the use of display, the school’s reward and
- To be responsible for the health, safety and
welfare of the students in accordance with the Council’s policy and Health and
Safety at Work Act, 1974.
- To attend meetings and work in partnership with
parents and other external agencies.
- To carry out actions in order to meet School
Improvement Plan and faculty targets.
- To carry out duties in accordance with the Staff
Handbook and the Staff Information Booklet.
- To establish a positive ethos in the school by
setting an example of high standards of professional dress and behaviour.
- Where possible, support, maintain and improve the
school’s extra-curricular programme including coursework clinics, homework
clubs, extra lessons, performances etc.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and
volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from
underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age,
disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires
declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed
as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be
used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with
children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of
whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment
must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Please download the application form and return to email@example.com