Teacher of Science
Permanent Full-Time Teacher of Science
Start date 20th April, 2020 or earlier if possible
We are looking for an enthusiastic Science Teacher with a real passion for teaching and learning and a total commitment to our Students and College.
We are looking for that someone who can teach Science, preferably with a specialism in Chemistry, at both Key Stages 3 and 4, who will inspire our students to learn and ensure they achieve their true potential.
As a member of the Science Faculty you will benefit from access to 8 Science laboratories and a fully resourced preparation room – all equipped to A-Level standard with the most up-to-date facilities and one laboratory dedicated solely to burning experiments.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in appropriate subject area
Recognised Teaching Qualifications
QTS or equivalent.
Enhanced DBS certificate, vetting, disclosure and barring services checks.
Essential skills and experience
Strong subject knowledge.
Ability to teach science curriculum at KS3 and KS4, with the potential for A Level in the future.
Strong organisational and communication skills.
An individual who shares our vision to provide every student with an outstanding education.
We will offer you:
• Students who are eager to learn, happy to be here and willing to work hard.
• A faculty which is committed to continually moving forward to ensure that all students have access to both the latest technological and practical advances in Science.
• A personalised approach to Professional Development which will develop your skills so that you are ready for the next stage of your career.
About Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre
Earl Mortimer College & Sixth Form Centre is a thriving and dynamic College placing the education of our students, in all aspects, at the heart of its drive for excellence. In November 2013 and October 2017 our Ofsted report judged us Good in every single aspect. At our truly comprehensive College, we have 558 students on roll including our post-16 provision. Our students come from a large rural catchment area, however, the College itself is the most modern, ’state of the art’ and attractive learning environment.
- South Street, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8JJ
- LA Maintained School
- Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre website (opens in a new window)