Teacher of Science
Brighton Hill Community School, Basingstoke, Hampshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Due to rapidly increasing student numbers, we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full or part-time Teacher of Science from September 2020. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 825 students. You will teach across Biology, Chemistry & Physics at both KS3 & 4, as well as a range of abilities to make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The successful candidate will be:
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students
• Able to create a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress
• Passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development
• Able to make a significant contribution to the development of the Science Faculty
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
• Excellent support from the Science faculty and the Senior Leadership Team, including our ambitious new Headteacher
• “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
• The opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills
• The chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improved outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you. We welcome applications from talented NQTs who will benefit from high-quality induction support.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website: www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk.
Alternatively, contact Jo Levett, HR Officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th April 2020
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Secondary school experience
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||678 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Brighton Hill Community School website (opens in a new window)|
Brighton Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4HS