Teacher of Science
This job expired on 9 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 9am
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Main Scale - Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
From September 2023, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and exceptional practitioner. If you have a passion for Science and want to inspire this in pupils and staff, our innovative, hard-working, friendly and supportive team would like you to join us.
Washwood Heath Academy is a relatively new All Through Academy (Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form) in the East of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established Science team and contribute to a Department that seeks to provide a first class education for all of its learners. In order for all pupils to achieve academic excellence, we deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum where teachers are the experts and their role it is to convey their knowledge and expertise to pupils. We believe that all pupils are entitled to learn about‘ The best, which has been thought and said’ (Matthew Arnold).
Our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic pupils, amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes. Our friendly, family feel is part of the reason that parents choose Washwood Heath Academy for their children. We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Teacher of Science, preferably at Key Stages 3, 4 & 5, There will be an opportunity to deliver Science lessons to our Primary pupils too.
What the school offers its staff
You will have an up to date understanding of research-based teaching and learning strategies to support curriculum development. As a positive role model to the whole school community, you’ll have a natural flair for developing practices that empower and motivate staff and students to become the best they can be.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability.
- A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
- A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
- A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
- Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
- A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with teachers from across the Multi Academy.
- Opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and Trust-wide improvement initiatives.
- Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
- Onsite parking
- A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward-thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success then, we would welcome your application.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers and NQT’s. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Further details about the role
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Matt O’Reilly, Assistant Headteacher, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB CVs will not be accepted
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Washwood Heath Academy as a Science Teacher
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment, and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Washwood Heath Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1709 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Washwood Heath Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0121 675 7272
Arranging a visit to Washwood Heath Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Hob Moor Road, Birmingham, B10 9BT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands