Teacher of Science
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
September 2023 or January 2024
12 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time, Monday to Friday
- MPR/ UPR
What skills and experience we're looking for
Teacher of Science
MPR / UPR
Required for Sept 2023 / Jan 2024
The Romsey School is seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring teacher who is passionate about learning and teaching Science for either a September 2023 or January 2024 start.
The Romsey School is a high attaining comprehensive school, committed to high quality inclusive education. Staff really enjoy working at Romsey.
At the heart of The Romsey School is our mission for a lived experience of ‘Compassionate Excellence’, meaning that we aspire, care and include in all that we do. This set of values extends to everyone within our community and this includes staff as well as our students.
This position is Full Time; however, we are flexible to Part Time working for the right candidate. The successful candidate will:
- Be creative, inspiring and passionate about teaching and learning;
- Be able to teach across the age and attainment range at both key stage 3 and 4;
- Be an exceptional classroom practitioner, delivering lessons that engage, challenge, motivate and inspire our students to achieve
- Work collaboratively with all members of the Romsey School community;
- Be enthusiastic about their own professional development and growth in areas including subject knowledge and teaching methods.
What the school offers its staff
The Romsey School Supports New Teachers
We welcome applications from ECTs and from those with experience. We offer an excellent ECT programme and we ensure that all members of staff experience an interesting Professional Learning programme, which is grounded in research.
Learn Together At The Romsey School
We have regular professional learning opportunities, which includes subject knowledge development. We are fully committed to your Growth and CPD development, offering access to The National College and working with our Research Lead Team.
Have Your Aspirational Career Goals Encouraged At The Romsey School
We actively encourage pursuing your professional development through the Department for Education (DfE) ‘National Professional Qualifications’ (NPQs) route. Alternatively, have you thought about becoming a Chartered Teacher through the Chartered College of Teaching? If so, The Romsey School can support you through this.
In return, The Romsey School will provide you with:
- A supportive Science department which will ensure you become a valued member of the team
- Access to the staff benefits programme which includes the ‘cycle to work’ scheme
- Opportunities to be included within the school community by joining one of several groups of staff within the school that lead on significant initiatives such as:
- Staff Wellbeing
- Student leadership
- Extracurricular sports clubs
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- A variety of trips and educational visits, which includes international trips to places such as Kenya, Iceland, Spain, Paris and the Ski Trip in Austria.
- Access to and an Employee Discount to our on-site nursery, Little Sunlights
- On-site, free staff car parking.
The Romsey School is a short 10-minute walk from the local train station and Romsey Town centre. Romsey is well connected to 3 local cities; Southampton, Winchester and Salisbury. There are regular train connections to Southampton and Salisbury and a regular bus route to Winchester.
Further details about the role
If you are interested in this position, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to interview exceptional applicants before the closing date.
Please see the school websitehttps://www.theromseyschool.org for an application form. Applications should be on Romsey School forms. Please note, individual CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 12th June 2023
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 561 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Romsey School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1172 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Romsey School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01794 512 334
"Your gateway to success". Our vision is to provide a world class education for our young people.
Arranging a visit to The Romsey School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Science (Full -time or Part-time)
Crestwood Community School
Shakespeare Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4FZ
Teacher of Science - Maternity Cover
The Mountbatten School
Whitenap Lane, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 5SY
Castle View Academy
Allaway Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 4QP
Woodlands Community College
Minstead Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire, SO18 5FW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hampshire