Teacher of Science
8 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
6 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Part timejobs - 16.25
What skills and experience we're looking for
We seeking to appoint a highly motivated Teacher of Science who will work as part of a very successful and experienced team who achieve excellent outcomes for students.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher who are committed to delivering high quality lessons in which all students are motivated to achieve excellence.
You will be responsible for:
- Teaching classes, including planning, recording, assessing and meeting the social and learning needs of individual pupils
- Maintaining the positive Catholic ethos and core values of the school
- Fulfilling the professional responsibilities of a teacher and meeting the expectations set out in the Teachers’ Standards
As a Catholic Voluntary Academy everything we do is based around our Mission Statement & Values and we expect all who work with us to respect our distinctive Catholic ethos.Our Mission Statement: 'Inspiring ambition and excellence, guided by Christ'Our Values:• Compassion• Aspiration• Respect• Excellence• Determination• Faithfulness• Optimism• ReconciliationOur School Values are encapsulated in the phrase ‘Cared For,’ which represents our attitude to the support we endeavour to offer each and every student in our care.
What the school offers its staff
- Our aim is to deliver 'world class' education, opportunities, support and care for every child as unique children of God. We strive to ensure that the children in our care are loved, valued and supported and leave us as confident young adults ready for life in modern society, equipped with the skills necessary to survive and thrive in the world of today.
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
. A summary of our fantastic benefits are as follows:
- Access to first class CPD opportunities.We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD.
- Genuine opportunities forcareer progression- with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance- you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension- automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions- we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 671 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Saint John Houghton Catholic Voluntary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Dronfield Road, Sheffield, Derbyshire, S21 4GN
Saint Benedict, A Catholic Voluntary Academy
Duffield Road, Derby, Derbyshire, DE22 1JD
Heanor Gate Spencer Academy
Kirkley Drive, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7RA
Ralph Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 3PU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Derbyshire and Derby