Teacher of Science
Cockburn School, Leeds, West Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373,.00 to £40,490,.00|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Post: Teacher of Science
Required for: September 2020
Pay scale and salary: MPS/UPS
We invite applications from innovative, resilient, creative and motivated science teachers who can play a key role in our science department and are seeking to work in a forward thinking school with the prospect of developing further through an excellent programme of CPD.
Do you have the following qualities?
• Are you a good or outstanding science teacher or on course to be a good or outstanding science teacher?
• Are you committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential?
• Have you an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education?
• Could you make a significant impact in raising attainment through highly effective teaching?
• Have you experience of teaching Key Stage 3 & 4 science to all abilities?
If so, we are recruiting to the above position starting in September 2020 as we build on our journey of ‘Transformation to Excellence’.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Application packs can be downloaded from: www.cockburnschool.org/vacancies the closing date for this post is noon on Friday 27th March 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching experience in a Secondary School
• Teaching of science at Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 and to all abilities
• A good understanding of curriculum developments within the subject area
• Broad knowledge of the specifications and qualifications within the subject area
• Understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies including behaviour for learning.
• Excellent classroom management and organisation skills
• Ability to motivate and engage both staff and students
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to communicate both orally and in writing to students, parents and staff
• Strong ICT skills
• Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies
• Ability to develop good working relationships with students and staff.
|School size||1265 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cockburn School website (opens in a new window)|
Parkside, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5TT