MPS/UPS plus fringe
Start date: September 2024
We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Science to join our highly successful Science Faculty. Our Science results at GCSE and A level are outstanding, with 92% achieving grade 9-4 at GCSE combined science and 100% achieving 9-4 in Triple Science qualifications. A very high proportion of students take triple science. Our huge sixth form offers plenty of opportunities to teach at KS5, with 3 classes each year in every science A level and with outstanding results (above 85% A*-B in all three subjects). The department benefits from highly specialist facilities, including 6 new labs in addition to 8 original labs and a large technician team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career,like one of our staff members:
"Having studied biomedical sciences to masters level, I initially worked as a Research Assistant. I then went on to travel and work as a teacher of English in Thailand and South Korea. I really enjoyed the teaching but missed the science, so I decided to return to my specialism through teacher training at the University of Hertfordshire. Sandringham was one of my training placements and I really enjoyed it here. The faculty is really supportive and I loved teaching here during the placement, so I applied for a teaching role as soon as it became available. I am now in my third year having completed the ECT process and I am really enjoying taking on new challenges this year, such as A level teaching, where I can really use my subject expertise. I have also loved being part of the wider school, such as participating in residential trips abroad and forming a great relationship with my form group. The school offers excellent CPD opportunities throughout the ECT journey and this support is continuing - I am about to embark on A level CPD through STEM learning. It has been a great place to start my teaching career and develop my experience and expertise." - Sara, Science Teacher
If this is something you are looking for in your career, please don't hesitate and we would love to hear from you!
The successful candidate will:
- have a track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be inspiring, dynamic and passionate
- promote Sandringham’s ethos and values
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with excellent students whose behaviour is exemplary
- The chance to work in a positive, welcoming and forward-thinking community where blended learning is seamlessly integrated into teaching and learning
- A dedicated staff who are enthusiastic and who want the best for students
- Coaching provision for all those new to the school within a comprehensive and fully developed induction programme
- Mentoring provision for all those new to middle or senior leadership
- A CPD package which is tailored to suit your stage of career development
- A state-of-the-art learning campus which is fully resourced
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
- Cycle to work scheme which is part of the school’s sustainability strategy
- We have recently been awarded the MIND Bronze Wellbeing Accreditation and are committed to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school.
Sandringham School is committed to ensuring inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates and encourage those from underrepresented groups, and/or with protected characteristics, to apply.
Sandringham School is part of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT). The school leads the Alban Teaching School Hub and is also a designated Computing Hub. In joining Sandringham School, you will also be joining the AAT. The Trust is a close community of seven schools within Hertfordshire, three of which are Secondary schools and four are Primary schools. As part of the AAT we are able to maximise the opportunities for personal, professional and career development. To learn more about the Trust please visit https://albanacademiestrust.org.uk/
Application deadline: 9am on Friday, 8th December 2023
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.