- Inner London Mainscale
Teacher of Science job summary
We are looking to recruit a passionate and open-minded science educator. This is a forward-thinking department, with a unique take on the science curriculum. We have put the growth of our community’s science capital at the heart of what we do, seeking to equip our students to become the next generation of problem-solvers and activist citizens. STEM and vocational enrichment pervade our science offer, which points to far beyond our successful GCSE attainment.
Serving the diverse communities of Deptford, our science department has shown rapidly increasing results. There is a popular triple science offer available as an additional option, as well as outstanding SEN and EAL provision. Every year group has a strong emphasis on practical experiences, with investigations, field trips, dissections, and expert visits, delivered in thematic units linking the science curriculum to real-world experiences such as midwifery, architecture, and meditation.
This is not a run-of-the-mill department or school, and we are looking to recruit someone who shares our passion for science education based on wonder and joy as well as rigour and high expectations. Our school has an Innovative and non-judgmental approach to performance management, centring process and pedagogy, and we are particularly interested in applications from teachers who consider themselves lifelong learners.
NQT and early-career applicants are welcome. We have an excellent mentoring program, and the right appointee will benefit from a wealth of experience and support, both formal and informal.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
▪ Passionate about education and science
▪ An innovative and creative practitioner
▪ Committed to raising standards, with the highest expectations of all students.
▪ Committed to working collaboratively across key stages 3 and 4
▪ Able and wanting to work collaboratively with the science team
▪ Committed to developing as a teacher and contributing to the continued development of the department.
If you wish to discuss the school and the role, or arrange a visit, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS checks.
Addey & Stanhope School follows the Lewisham Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy
No agencies please
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Addey and Stanhope School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 587 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Addey and Stanhope is rich in tradition. It is also forward-looking: a place of excitement and innovation. Most importantly, we are a community, a family.
We all work here because we believe that we can make a difference to the life chances of the young people of Deptford. This has remained the core purpose of the school for 300 years and this will never be compromised.
1. Small, high achieving, comprehensive with a strong sense of family.
2. Judged as ‘good’ in most recent inspection (May 2018).
3. Proud of our innovative CPD programme – recognised for outstanding practice.
4. Located in a dynamic area of London undergoing rapid and exciting changes, with great train, tube, DLR and bus links.