The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent classroom teacher able to teach throughout the age and ability range (Key Stage 3, 4 and 5)
- be passionate about science and be able to inspire a similar enthusiasm in our students
- be committed to raising the attainment of all students, particularly those who are disadvantaged
- demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- be committed to supporting and contributing to our school ethos of Succeeding Together and the values of Wisdom, Optimism, Resilience, Kindness and Service
THE MINSTER SCHOOL, SOUTHWELL
A Church of England Academy
Member of the Minster Trust for Education
NOR 1650, inc. 400 in the Sixth Form, Age Range 7-18
Teacher of Science– (A specialism inChemistrywould be an advantage, but not essential)
MPS / UPS
To commenceEaster, or September for the right candidate
The Minster School is an highly regarded, oversubscribed school, serving the local community of Southwell and surrounding villages. As a Church of England Academy, we have a strong ethos which is based around our values of Wisdom, Optimism, Resilience, Kindness and Service through which we live and breathe our motto of Succeeding Together. The school currently has 1650 students on roll including 350 students in the sixth form and 40 students in the junior department. We are regularly amongst the top schools in Nottinghamshire for achievement and attainment.
Alongside serving our own students, we are the home of East Midlands East Maths Hub, a strategic partner of the Redhill Teaching Hub and a member of the Minster Learning Alliance. The Minster School is a member of the Minster Trust for Education (MITRE), a multi academy trust.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large and experienced Science Team within a supportive school environment:
- Our Science Team consists of 5 Biologists, 4 Chemists and 3 Physicists – a large and specialised team which enables us to collaborate and deliver high quality learning experiences for students.
- Science is a popular option at KS4 and KS5, with students studying either Trilogy (Combined) Science or Triple Science at KS4, and multiple classes of each Science at A Level,
- The Science team is led by one overall Curriculum Team Leader for Science, who is supported by 3 Assistant Curriculum Team Leaders of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Our teaching team is supported by a team of 5 specialist Science technicians who are on hand to support and promote practical Science within lessons.
- Our Science faculty occupies a bespoke corridor, with 11 laboratories, 3 specialist prep. rooms, a leadership office and a staff work room.
- There are a broad range of opportunities to develop yourself – current Science staff are engaging in a range of programmes including STEAM collaborative work, Sixth Form teaching development, facilitation of the Early Career Framework, mentoring within teacher training and a range of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs).
Candidates should apply through the TES website and follow the guidance notes as provided.CV’s will not be accepted. For further information about how to apply for this role, please read our ‘Guidance notes for applicants’ document which will be posted on the TES website under the job listing.
There will be anopen eveningfor this role:Tuesday 20th February 2024, 6.00pm, The Minster School. If you would like to attend our Open Evening to meet our core Science team, learn more about our school and the opportunities offered within this role, please let us know in advance by firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 22nd February
Interviews: w/c Monday 26th February
The Minster Trust for Education is committed to safeguarding children and the promotion of equal opportunities for staff and students. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and complete a KCSIE Declaration.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.