Teacher of Science
Are you passionate about science?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding and highly motivated Teacher of Science to join us from January 2020.
The postholder will work at Winterbourne Academy and will benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Olympus Academy Trust (OAT) is a partnership of schools, currently comprising nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality lessons, motivate, challenge and inspire our students. Developing exciting and engaging learning experiences across all year groups. They will be committed to closing gaps and raising attainment across all abilities, whatever the starting point.
The postholder will be aligned to our CRISP values of courtesy, resilience, integrity, self-reflection and purpose. We believe that by teaching, modelling and expecting these values explicitly they will become the cornerstone of the Academy’s vision and allow students to flourish.
We are looking for someone who will form positive relationships with students and their parents/carers, to support them and gain their trust.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Applicants must submit an OAT Application Form.
Closing Date: Sunday, 8th December 2019 (The Academy reserves the right to commence the interview process at any time prior to the closing date so early application is recommended.)
Interview Date: TBC
Essential educational requirements
• Good Hons. Degree
• PGCE/teaching qualification
• Relevant Post Graduate studies
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Recent secondary experience in UK
• Teaching experience with the age range and/or subject(s) applying for
• Understanding of Exam Board specifications
• Excellent classroom practitioner
• Good discipline/classroom management
• Good ICT skills
• Ability to self-evaluate to inform improved outcomes
• Ability and desire to make a significant contribution to the Academy as a whole
• Aptitude to embrace good practice in other areas
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking.
• Onsite canteen.
• Employee benefits such as Teachers Pension, cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
• Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
About Winterbourne Academy
- High Street, Bristol, BS36 1JL