Teacher of Science
Christ The King College, Newport, Isle of Wight
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Science, Physics, Chemistry|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We are seeking a well-qualified and experienced teacher to join our well-resourced Science department. You would be joining a large group of experienced and friendly, specialist staff, who all contribute to the department's teaching at KS3 and work together to ensure our good GCSE results. We offer a wide variety of enrichment trips and STEM activities and believe these are important for our students.
For the right candidate, there would be the possibility of A level teaching, especially in chemistry or physics. Our students make exceptional progress at A level but we welcome applications from teachers from any discipline.
The successful candidate will have the ability and motivation to inspire our students and to enthuse a passion for their subject in them. Through the continued development of outstanding teaching and learning, you will ensure that our students achieve the highest possible outcomes.
A determination for our students to achieve the highest standards are essential. Experience within the secondary school sector and an understanding of the distinctiveness of a Christian College are desirable.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be well qualified in their subject
- be passionate about their subject and a committed team player
- be able to teach their subject at Key Stage 3 to 5
- be able to motivate and inspire students
- have the desire to continuously develop to be an outstanding teacher
- be committed to our Christian ethos and values and our high expectations
In return, we offer the opportunity to join a school who:
- offers the opportunity to work within a successful church school community
- offers the opportunity to further develop your unique skills and talents for the good of our students
- has a successful and thriving sixth form
is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty with the idyllic - countryside, breathtaking coastal scenery, an abundance of outdoor activities to enjoy and a peaceful island atmosphere
- offers a wide range of staff benefits, including Lifestyle Package with many retail and holiday discounts, a Green Car Leasing Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and other benefits.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicants will be expected to undertake enhanced DBS checks.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
teaching at secondary age range, preferably up to Key Stage 5
Staff Benefit PackageMore on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School, Church of England/Roman Catholic|
|School size||1328 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Christ The King College website (opens in a new window)|
About Christ The King College
Wellington Road, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5QT