Teacher of Science
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
1st July or September
20 March 2023 at 9am
16 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, Teacher T&C's
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Chalk Hills Academy are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of Science to join our successful team. Science is a subject where you can really captivate students’ attention with various exciting experiments and interactive lessons. At The Chalk Hills Academy, we have a large Science Faculty with modern, fully equipped labs and Science Technicians on hand to help. We are looking to appoint a teacher who is motivated to teach engaging and effective lessons with the range of resources we have available.
The successful candidate will
- Resilience, adaptability and a can-do attitude.
- KS3 responsibility experience advantageous.
- Have taught KS4.
- A commitment to inclusive education support from a hard-working team.
- Good behaviour management skills and a sound knowledge of the Science curriculum at KS3 and KS4.
- The ability to work as part of a team and undertake pastoral duties as a form tutor will be a key requirement.
What the school offers its staff
We offer a fantastic range of benefits across our trust, supporting our staff in a variety of ways. From an extensive Wellbeing package to an onsite car wash, you can be reassured that we have your best interests at heart.
- Perkbox and Perkbox Medical
- NPQ’s Teacher Development Trust and training courses with The National College
- Staff social events, including 5 a-side football and BBQs
- Reduced gym membership rates and free on-site gym
- Staff recognition with reward shopping vouchers
- On-site Indian head or shoulder massage
- Online delivery drop off service, including Amazon
- Free eye test vouchers
- Onsite car was at reduced rates
- Support for all staff with an experienced licensed counsellor
- Free tea and coffee plus a reusable bamboo coffee cup for new starters
- Free onsite car parking at all academies
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced pension employers’ contribution and death in service payment
- Dry cleaning and ironing service
- Refer a friend £500 bonus scheme
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Chalk Hills Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1543 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Chalk Hills Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01582 211226
Arranging a visit to The Chalk Hills Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Monk's Walk School
Knightsfield, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 7NL
The Misbourne School
Misbourne Drive, Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, HP16 0BN
Lord Grey Academy
Rickley Lane, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK3 6EW
Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8PB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Luton and Bedfordshire