Teacher of Science
Bluecoat Aspley Academy, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We are seeking teachers who have a strong passion for their subject and a desire to support all students to succeed. Joining a Science Department at Archway Learning Trust will mean you are working with and supported by an experienced team of strong teachers and leaders.
Besides working with great students, teachers, support staff and parents, the departments within each Academy are great places to work because; each department is supported by a team of experienced technicians who provide their expertise to enable practical activities to take place, data snapshots are only taken twice a year for each year group to inform planning and parents and there is the opportunity for collaborative planning to take place during CPD time. For A Level Sciences, Triple Science and where possible elsewhere, teachers teach their specialist subject. Where this does not happen, you will be supported to teach outside your specialism by experienced teachers.
Alongside the excellent CPD package organised by the Trust, there are many opportunities throughout the year for Subject Specific Professional Development. This is mostly in teams at your local Academy but sometimes there is the opportunity to work with other Science Teachers across the Trust to share and develop ideas.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• An understanding of current educational developments and a clear grasp of issues relating to education in general and their subject specialism(s)
• The theory and practice of providing effectively for the individual needs of all children (e.g. classroom organisation and learning strategies);
• Statutory National Curriculum requirements at the appropriate key stage;
• The monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of pupils’ progress;
• The statutory requirements of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and Child Protection;
• The positive links necessary within the Academy and with all its stakeholders;
• Effective teaching and learning styles.
Please see job pack for full job description and person specification.
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1487 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Bluecoat Aspley Academy
Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY