Academy is an 11-16 academy, perfectly placed within the community to deliver
high quality teaching and learning. We are a rapidly improving academy, with a
new principal in post since May 2022, who works proudly alongside both
established and newly appointed colleagues, driven by the shared belief that
every student has the right to learn, grow and achieve. It is this ethos that
motivates all members of our community in improving the academic outcomes and
life-chances of students. We value collaboration and open communication at all
levels and see the relationship between parents, staff and students as crucial
in our shared success.
It is an
exciting time to join our Oak community, with rapidly growing student numbers,
and a complete new build as part of the Governments School Rebuilding Programme.
Plans are well advanced for a complete rebuild of the current site. We are
delighted that staff and students will finally have the building they deserve,
with a planned completion date of Easter 2025. We are looking for candidates to
join us on this journey who are dynamic, passionate and ambitious, with a
commitment to improving life chances of our students.
offer to candidates
- A Principal driven by school improvement with
an open-door policy for staff, students and parents.
- A very visible and approachable senior
- An enthusiastic and committed team of
teachers and support staff.
- All staff at Oak are part of a professional
learning community in which evidence informed CPD is designed to meet
- Strong potential for career progression,
including NPQs for those looking to move into middle & senior leadership.
- A strong support network both within the
school and across Ambitions Academies Trust.
- An opportunity to be part of rapid school
improvement, in time for the opening of our new build.
- A culture that respects work life balance and
an ongoing commitment to wellbeing with a dedicated Wellbeing Champion. Free
counselling sessions available to employees and their family with an external
- Free eye testing every 2 years through
Specsavers and a £49 or £69 voucher (depending on cost) towards glasses if
- Reduced corporate gym membership through BH
- A competitive pension through the Local
Government Pension Scheme.
This job post has expired.