Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
£25,714 - £41,604
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (if post threshold) (+TLR2 for STEM Coordinator Role)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Thursday 10 May 2021 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
Start date: September 2021
The Science Faculty at John Mason School is research informed and has developed a knowledge rich curriculum offer. The team are dedicated to the principle that, if taught well, all students can be academically successful. Leaders in the department work to ensure positive staff wellbeing and manageable workload.
Applications are invited from reflective, disciplined, motivated and inspiring practitioners with specialisms in Chemistry or Physics, who have the capacity to deliver outstanding teaching, ensuring that students achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will understand principles of a knowledge rich curriculum and have an understanding of relevant areas of cognitive science. They will be passionate about personal improvement and about promoting and teaching Science.
If you believe that all students can achieve and want to work as part of a supportive, research engaged team, we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• passionate about their subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
• committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
• disciplined able to work effectively as part of the team.
• a role model for our students and staff.
• committed to professional development
In addition, there is also the opportunity to apply for the role of STEM Coordinator.
We are looking for somebody who will enhance the STEM enrichment offer that we currently provide and key objectives are:
• To provide engineering, mathematical and other STEM opportunities across all year groups and for all pupils.
• To co-ordinate the redevelopment and maintenance of our extra-curricular offering to provide students with opportunities of STEM clubs, competitions and visits.
• To create new partnerships and build on existing partnerships in order to raise the aspirations of our pupils through a range of experiences.
• To develop a primary school outreach programme and plan transition activities.
• To work alongside the Director of Science Faculty and Senior Leaders to develop a coordinated approach across the Abingdon Science Partnership.
• To develop a STEM careers programme, which will embed careers information into our curriculum and provide students with further opportunities, including arranging talks from STEM professionals.
• To promote STEM qualifications and careers to underrepresented groups.
If you are applying for this position, please indicate so and detail experience in your application.
In return we will offer you:
• a comprehensive program of professional development
• the satisfaction of being part of a friendly, supportive and reflective team
• well-resourced schemes of learning that will reduce workload
• students who have a desire to achieve and respect the school’s expectations.
• excellent care and support for all staff.
If you would like more information about the faculty, email Andrew Stanger Director of Science Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack is available from the John Mason School website or from
CVs alone are not acceptable.
Abingdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits. Abingdon Learning Trust has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to apply for a DBS check at an enhanced level.
All staff are expected to promote fundamental British values.
TLR2 for STEM Co-ordinator Role
Applying for the job
All application forms are available on the school website. Please send completed application forms to email@example.comMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.