Qualifications and experience
- DfE recognised teaching qualification such as a PGCE or equivalent
- Degree in Science or a related subject
- Recent and relevant experience of teaching Science to post-16 students.
- A working knowledge of ICT in a classroom environment
- Knowledge of recent initiatives and issues in education
- Using ICT as a curriculum tool to improve standards
Knowledge and skills
- The ability to inspire, motivate and challenge students
- The ability to plan and teach well-structured lessons which achieve outcomes which are at least good and are often outstanding
- The ability to meet targets for the students in your assigned classes
- The ability to work closely with a team of teaching colleagues in your department to prepare, resource and teach your subject
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues showing respect for others and professionalism at all times
- The ability to adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Initiative and ability to prioritise own work and that of others to meet deadlines
- Efficient and meticulous in organisation
- Able to follow direction and work in collaboration with the leadership team
- Able to work flexibly, adopt a hands-on approach and respond to unplanned situations
- Ability to evaluate own development needs and those of others and to address them
- Commitment to the highest standards of child protection and safeguarding
- Recognition of the importance of personal responsibility for health and safety
- Commitment to the Trust’s ethos, aims and whole community.
About Spencer Academies Trust
The Spencer Academies Trust is a multi-academy trust with schools across the East Midlands, and with a strategic focus on Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
A high performing regional MAT with a national reputation for excellence, Spencer Academies Trust schools include primary, secondary and sixth form provision. Our academies work across highly diverse city and rural communities, including a strong presence in Derby and Nottingham. Standards and expectations in trust schools are high – and the trust focus on rapid improvement on the journey to outstanding education delivery.
We currently have 17 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
This role is for a Full Time, Permanent Teacher or ECT to join our Science Faculty, specialising in preferably Physics or Chemistry but would welcome a Biology specialist. The ideal candidate will be able to operate within a dynamic and forward-thinking team who are focused on developing exciting and engaging learning experiences for students across the 11-18 age range.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps