|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Job Title: Teacher of Science
Start Date for Post: 20th April 2020 (flexible for an earlier start)
Contract Type: Maternity Cover
Pay Scale: Main scale / UPR
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 26th February - 10am
We require an enthusiastic and passionate teacher of Science to join this dynamic Faculty. You must demonstrate a passion for the subject through the delivery of high quality and creative lessons. A strong commitment to achievement for all is a must.
The successful candidate must be able to teach Science across the ability ranges at KS3 and KS4, with the possibility of KS5 teaching for the right applicant. Due to the breadth of subject specialisms within the department there is no preference between the primary specialism of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. We would consider part time applications of 0.7 and above.
The post is a full time cover for maternity leave for 1 year or upon the return of the postholder and applications are welcome from NQTs and more experienced staff, with full induction support provided. We can be flexible about start date.
Ashton Park is an oversubscribed Co-operative School set in the beautiful grounds of Ashton Park Estate and within walking distance of our bustling City Centre. It is a member of the Gatehouse Green Learning Trust with Redland Green Secondary School and 3 partner primary schools. Your contract of employment is directly with Gatehouse Green Learning Trust (“the Trust"). Your main place of work will be Ashton Park School but you may be deployed to work at any school within the Trust and carry out those duties that may be reasonably required in relation to such deployment.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
If this sounds like a school and opportunity that interests you, please visit our website for more information http://www.ashtonpark.net for teaching staff application form to be received no later than Wednesday 26th February 2020 - 10am Applications can be made by post or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held shortly afterwards.
Essential educational requirements
▪ Relevant Subject degree
▪ Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
▪ A philosophy which is in sympathy with that of Ashton Park and the Gatehouse Green Learning Trust.
▪ Excellent classroom teacher with effective behaviour management skills.
▪ A passion for the subject combined with the ability to inspire students of all abilities.
▪ A strong commitment to achievement for all students, coupled with high expectations.
▪ Excellent communication skills
▪ Excellent organisational skills
▪ Excellent ICT capability, including the management of student data.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents.
▪ Familiarity with current education legislation and developments.
▪ A commitment to innovate.
▪ A willingness to contribute to extracurricular activities, including school visits.
▪ The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
▪ A willingness to go the extra mile!
▪ A sense of humour!
|School size||1220 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
About Ashton Park School
Blackmoor's Lane, Bristol, BS3 2JL