Teacher of Science
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
20 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 to £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of Science to join our talented and forward-thinking department as we continue to transform education across our town. In September 2021, Twynham School and The Grange School (TGS) federated staffing structures enabling us to launch an ambitious and progressive vision for the education provided by our two schools. Whilst this post will be based at Twynham School we are seeking colleagues who will be committed to our work across the town and will be ambitious for further opportunities across our two schools.
Twynham School is a very special place with an excellent reputation both locally and nationally. Achievement is high, students are well-behaved and eager to learn and relationships across the school are very special.
- Teach Science across Key Stage 3 and 4 (with potential for specialist Key Stage 5 teaching)
- Further improve outcomes in Science
- Contribute to the further development of the Twynham Learning Science curriculum
- Passionately promote the disadvantaged agenda working with exceptional colleagues to provide our students with the very best life chances
- Assist leaders in ensuring that the curriculum area provides a range of teaching which compliments the school’s strategic objectives.
- Act as a tutor for a tutor group as required.
- Promote the general progress and well-being of individual students.
- To ensure the implementation of the school’s pastoral system.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies.
What the school offers its staff
- The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey alongside highly regarded professionals
- The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young people and their families
- An exceptional CPD offer from teacher training and the ECT framework through to preparation for senior and system leadership
- Strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the classroom
- The opportunity to work within Twynham Learning; a progressive multi-academy trust
- The opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas of the South Coast
- Automatic membership of the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Free on-site parking
Further details about the role
To discuss the post or your application, please contact Alison Brown (Senior HR Administrator) on 01202 495716 or email us at email@example.com
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, please submit a Job Application Form and Diversity Questionnaire by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications made using our own official application form will be accepted. You can download the form and questionnaire here: www.twynhamlearning.com/187/staff-vacancies
The closing date is Monday 17th April 2023 at 8am. Be aware that we reserve the right to interview exceptional applicants before the deadline and we encourage interested colleagues to apply early.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Twynham School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1820 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Twynham School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Twynham School is an exceptionally special place; a school which believes in the unlimited potential of every child, where people are valued above all and ultimately a place where every child can be successful. Our long-tradition of success is built on two vital pillars; high quality teaching and learning and, most importantly, the value we place on the very special relationships between students and staff.
Arranging a visit to Twynham School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Science - Maternity Cover
The Mountbatten School
Whitenap Lane, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 5SY
Woodlands Community College
Minstead Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire, SO18 5FW
The Blandford School
Milldown Road, Blandford Forum, Dorset, DT11 7SQ
The Romsey School
Greatbridge Road, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8ZB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole