For those who want to combine quick access to London and Oxford with country living, North Oxfordshire Academy is the ideal location. We are situated in Banbury, a vibrant market town steeped in history which enjoys affordable rental and house prices.
The academy sits on a 48-acre site and offers great facilities including extensive playing fields, a national standard athletics track and a 50-place nursery to which teachers benefit from heavily subsidised places.
The academy offers excellent professional development opportunities and career progression. Teachers, NQTs, Support Staff and Schools Direct trainees all benefit from high-quality, supportive CPD. Our staff are optimistic, hardworking and great team players and new staff very quickly become part of the NOA family.
We would be delighted to welcome any prospective applicants to see for themselves how we work at North Oxfordshire Academy.
Teacher of Science - September 2023
North Oxfordshire Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified Teacher of Science to add capacity to our growing Science department from September 2023. The candidate will work closely with the Head of Science and other science teachers to deliver a curriculum built on ‘bringing out the best in everyone’.
In particular, candidates should:
- Show the ability to be a/or become an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
- Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in Science
- Have an ability to engage and motivate pupils
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
If this is you come and join our NOA Family. The staff at North Oxfordshire Academy are a passionate team of professionals. We are an inclusive, friendly, and diverse community with an ethos of high aspirations, high expectations and high achievement. We are proud to be part of United Learning, a group of secondary, primary, and independent schools, whose motto is: ‘The best in everyone’ - a philosophy to which we wholeheartedly subscribe.
We would warmly welcome applications from ECT's and experienced teachers. Both full time and part time candidates will be considered. A July start for ECT's is available.
What we offer:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
- Up to 9 INSET days per year, dedicated to subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- Excellent ongoing CPD and career development opportunities the academy and United Learning.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please note we can only accept CVs as supporting documentation when submitted along with a fully completed application form.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.