We require a talented and committed Teacher of Science, with a Biology specialism, to join the Science Department at
this exciting stage in our improvement journey.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities
- Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups
- Be committed to using evidence-based pedagogy in their own classroom, to drive standards in Science
- Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a
vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for
the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding
and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young
people in our community, we want to hear from you!
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will
actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to
deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual
identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate
to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Science department at Huxlow is a closeknit and supportive team, comprising of teachers at various stages of their
careers. We have recently moved exam boards for KS4 and are in the process of developing the curriculum and scheme
of work. There are also opportunities for collaboration with schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support
the development of the science curriculum and teaching at Huxlow.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for science within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor
• To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
and to support the Science curriculum area as appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
For full job details please visit our website www.huxlow.northants.sch.uk
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young
people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.