Teacher of Science (Biology Specialism Preferred)
Stafford Manor High School, Stafford, Staffordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406|
• To teach students within the school and to carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the headteacher.
• The duties outlined in this job description are in addition to those covered by the job description of a classroom teacher and the latest School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document. The Headteacher, with your agreement, to reflect or anticipate changes in the job, commensurate with the salary and job title, may modify it.
• to teach, according to their educational needs, students assigned to him/her in the allocated classes by following carefully and appropriately schemes of work and syllabi agreed with the head of faculty and headteacher, by teaching in line with the teaching and learning policies and priorities of the school and by planning appropriately.
• to control and oversee the use and storage of books and other teaching materials provided for class usage;
• to maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school;
• to contribute to Faculty meetings, discussions and management systems necessary to co-ordinate the work of the Department and integrate this into the work of the school as a whole.
• to promote equal opportunities within the school and to seek to ensure the implementation of the school’s equal opportunities policy.
• to monitor and report to parents on the progress of students in the allocated class;
• to assess pupils’ achievements and progress in accordance with arrangements agreed within the school.
• to mark class attendance registers in line with statutory requirements and school priorities.
• to participate in cross curricular days with the delivery of citizenship, work related learning, enterprise, literacy and numeracy and culture as required.
• to undertake such meetings, supervision duties, parents meetings and events as are reasonably assigned by the headteacher in line with the 1265 hours agreement.
• to participate in Appraisal in accordance with school and national policy
• to act as a form tutor and in this capacity be responsible for:
o Accurate registration of each student at the start of each day and for the resolution of all absences
o Maintaining a knowledge of the progress of each student and reporting this accurately to the person with parental responsibility
o Setting and monitoring targets to enhance progress on target days and review days
o Communicating to students the relevant details of school notices and distributing communications to home as necessary
o Mentoring and providing individual support as necessary to members of the tutor group.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-qualified, forward thinking professional to join our school. You will be an inspiring teacher with the ability to deliver exciting lessons to engage students in their learning. You will use initiative and creativity to continue the development of our students’ experiences in Science and contribute to the schools success. You will be expected to teach to all abilities at Key Stages 3 and 4. The post would suit both someone in the first few years of their teaching career or a more experienced individual.More on how to apply
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||373 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Stafford Manor High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Stafford Manor High School
Wolverhampton Road, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST17 9DJ