Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Teacher of Science
Inner London Pay Scale
Main Scale (£32,157 - £42,624)
Required for September 2021
We are seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to bring energy, enthusiasm and commitment to our outstanding Science Department. We are a high-performing, dedicated and caring team, with a passion for teaching and learning. Our department is made up of inspirational teachers, who will endeavour to challenge and support you.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree to be considered for this role. The role will involve delivering all three science subjects to GCSE level. Ability to teach one of the Sciences at A level is preferable.
Why apply for this position?
- Our school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
- The Department achieves outstanding results at Key Stages 4 and 5, significantly above national averages.
- We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing, personal development and CPD.
- Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
- OFSTED Report October 2014 Bishop Thomas Grant School is an 11-18 Catholic co-educational comprehensive school and was rated outstanding in all areas.
- Our school provides outstanding pastoral support. This helps all students to remain engaged and motivated to learn. Their exceptionally positive attitude to learning is a major contribution to their achievement.
- Students behave extremely well in and out of the classroom. They feel safe and show high levels of respect for each other, their staff and the school environment.
- Parents have very positive views about how well the school cares for their children and enables them to achieve very highly.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school. If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact the PA to the Headteacher, Mrs Jacqueline Sylvia: email@example.com .
Closing date for applications is midday on 23 June 2021. Please send completed applications to Mrs Jacqueline Sylvia: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
Bishop Thomas Grant School, Belltrees Grove, London, SW16 2HY, www.btg.ac
Applying for the job
Please complete the school application form
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.