Teacher of Science
We are seeking to appoint excellent Teachers of Science to be placed in one of our five schools which make up Archway Learning Trust.
Our Science Departments consist of committed and professional teams led by experienced, passionate practitioners supported by teachers who possess a variety of experience both within and beyond the Trust. The Science departments take a proactive approach, sharing experiences and good practices between colleagues to develop our teaching and learning and own professional development.
Each teacher is responsible for all aspects of teaching and learning for those classes and students assigned to them. This involves the organisation and administration of classes, the preparation of lesson plans and teaching within faculty guidelines and schemes of work. Each member of staff has a responsibility to promote high quality throughout their work and that of the faculty, Academy and Trust as a whole. In particular it is important to maintain high standards of achievement and to encourage all students to fulfil their potential through effective teaching and high expectations.
In teaching at Archway Learning Trust importance is attached to:
• Team work
• Open consultation and participation in decision making
• Good communication
• A mutually supportive approach - sharing responsibility, success and problems
• Exercising positive leadership with students
• Maintaining high personal and professional standards
• Being forward looking and anticipating change
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to use innovative, active teaching methods;
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool;
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Trust - staff, parents, governors, community, business, Diocese and LA;
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal;
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to work with students with special needs or who are Gifted and Talented.
• Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice;
• Experience of working with students of a wide range of abilities.
The Trust offers an excellent package for its employees in addition to the salary package to include:
• Commitment from the Trust in supporting our staff in becoming outstanding teachers and leaders with many opportunities for CPD and further career development;
• State of the art buildings with excellent learning facilities
• Opportunity to work with a highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
• The advantage of working with a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
• Access to the Teachers Pension scheme
• Access to the Employee Discounts scheme to include discounts on holidays, shopping family days out and much more
• Cycle to work scheme
About Bluecoat Aspley Academy
- Aspley Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5GY
- Middle Deemed Secondary
- Bluecoat Aspley Academy website (opens in a new window)