looking for an experienced Teacher of Science to join our team.
successful candidate will be teaching Science to key stage 3 and 4 and will
contribute positively to the wider school life.
The job requires a person who;
- Is an excellent teacher
- Can lead and deliver quality learning in Science
with all students
- Wants to innovate and develop Science within
the curriculum model
- Can lead and be part of a team
- To always look for and expect the best from
all our students
- To promote creativity in learning design,
delivery and outcome
- To be a positive role model in personal
behaviours and self management
- To respect everyone as an individual
- To take care of our learning environment
- To promote sustainable development
- To work collaboratively, embracing team work
2. Leading Learning
- To support learning by following the agreed
policies, systems and structures
- To be responsible for your own professional
learning and support development of colleagues
- To be committed to student attainment
- To promote health and wellbeing, including
safeguarding our students
- To work to build community cohesion
- To work positively with parents and families
- To support and contribute to the safeguarding of
all our students
To work within the framework of national legislation and in accordance
with the provisions of the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document. In
addition the post is subject to compliance with reasonable requests made by the
Main/Upper Pay Scale
to: Head of Science
Start date: From Spring Term 2024 or sooner where possible
St Matthias is a good school where staff know students well. Leaders work hard to ensure that everyone feels part of the school’s diverse community. Students feel happy and safe at school. This is because leaders have created an environment where students are well supported and cared for. Leaders expect students to try hard in school. They do not tolerate disruption in lessons or at social times. In lessons students are polite and respectful of their teachers. Everyone gets access to a good-quality curriculum.(Extracts from Ofsted Report published 10th January 2020)
We offer an extensive CPD program of support.
Staff describe working at St Matthias as extremely positive with a team approach.
us now to discuss the role in more detail or to arrange a visit
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
This post is subject to all necessary safeguarding checks this includes satisfactory references requested prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, online checks, medical check, evidence of qualifications and of the right to work in the UK.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
This job post has expired.