Teacher of Science
• To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conducive to children’s learning.
• To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the appropriate courses as stated by the HOD/Headteacher.
• Work and plan collaboratively on a weekly basis or as indicated by the HOD
• Mark books on a regular basis ensuring you are following the school policy
• To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
• Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils in accordance with the policies of the school and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
• Follow the schools B4L policy ensuring incidents are recorded on Class Charts.
• To organise and manage groups or individual pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
• To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils’ learning.
• To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children’s progress.
• To prepare appropriate records and reports for parents and HOD.
• To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom.
• To participate in staff meetings as required. Please note briefing is compulsory.
• Contribute to the development and co-ordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
• To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
• To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
• To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children’s education – academic, social and emotional.
• To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken via BlueSky.
• Communicating and consulting with the parents of pupils;
• Communicating and co-operating with such persons or bodies outside the school as may be approved by the employing authority and the Board of Governors
• Participating in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above Assessments and Reports
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils
• Staff Development/Training/Reviews/Meetings
• Participating, if required, in any scheme of staff development and performance review.
• To meet with parents and appropriate agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
• To support the Headteacher in promoting the ethos of the school.
• To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
• To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
• To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take reasonable care of self and others and to comply with the Schools Health and Safety policy and any school-specific procedures / rules that apply to this role.
Essential educational requirements
Degree and QTS status and subject qualification
Qualification • QTS status and subject qualification
• Degree in Science (desirable)
• PGCE in Science (essential)
• CCRS (desirable)
Essential skills and experience
A clear and well-thought out understanding of current educational issues, theory and practice.
• Have a detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the students’ National Curriculum and other statutory documentation.
3. Requirements. • Have a secure knowledge and understanding of their specialist subject(s) equating to degree level, including the subject knowledge specified in the relevant ITT National Curricula.
CPD, payment for lunch duties
About Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School
Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School is a thriving and vibrant Specialist Sports College and a leading school in the local area.
- Honeysgreen Lane, Liverpool, Merseyside, L12 9HZ
- LA Maintained School
- Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School website (opens in a new window)