- No, visa sponsorship not available
Full-time equivalent salary
- MPR / UPR
Teacher of Science job summary
Due to rapidly increasing student numbers, we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full or part-time Teacher of Science from January 2023. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently rated as ‘Outstanding’ in 3 of the 4 areas inspected by Ofsted and ‘Good’ overall. We continue our rapid progress journey of ‘making success inevitable’ as a coeducational 11-16 Community School with over 1,100 students expected to grow to over 1250 from September 2022.
You will teach across Biology, Chemistry & Physics at both KS3 & 4, as well as a range of abilities to make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a consistently good/outstanding classroom practitioner
• Be able to articulate clear vision of what constitutes outstanding learning
• Be inspirational in your approach to teaching, leadership and interpersonal relationships
• Demonstrate resilience and commitment to continually raising standards
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
• Exceptional support from the Faculty and the Senior Leadership Team.
• “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted)
• "Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted)
• “Leadership support, decisiveness in action and approachability has resulted in staff feeling highly valued and empowered as professionals.” (Local Authority Inspection Report, 2021)
• “In all aspects of life within Brighton Hill Community School, there is a culture and ethos of ‘people first’ and high expectations through a calm, well-managed environment, that is constantly modelled by leadership with relentless pursuit in maintaining the embodiment of the vision.” (Local Authority Inspection Report, 2021)
• Support to be innovative and develop your professional skills, with our bespoke and expansive CPD programme.
• Benefit from our alliance with the Teaching School and to collaborate with colleagues.
• Opportunities to continue the upward progress trajectory of this faculty
• Work within an established team who are highly resourced and have a strong sense of collaboration and support for each other.
• Opportunities to contribute to an extensive extra-curricular programme for students.
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you. We welcome applications from talented NQTs who will benefit from high-quality induction support.
Commitment to safeguarding
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks.
This job post has expired.