Teacher of Science
Chantry Academy, Ipswich, Suffolk
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a school teacher as described in the current School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document, certain particular duties are reasonably required to be exercised and completed in a satisfactory manner. It is the contractual duty of the post holder to ensure that his/her professional duties are discharged effectively.
Generic Staff Requirements:
• Assist in leading the Academy in line with a shared strategic vision
• Raise student attainment so that all students successfully progress through the school to further and higher education and quality employment
• Place the Academy and its facilities and resources at the heart of the community it serves.
• Model the highest professional standards to staff and students in all aspects of the role, maintaining a visible presence around the Academy and leading by example.
• In collaboration with others, review the impact of actions taken and respond accordingly
• Ensure that the personal and social development of students results in responsible and active citizens graduating from the Academy
• Play a key role in ensure effective implementation of the school’s safeguarding and equal opportunities policies.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Team player with the ability to deliver first class teaching and learning; able to inspire ambitious students to universal success.
Extensive CPD opportunities
|School size||828 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Chantry Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Chantry Academy
Chantry Academy sits in the heart of South West Ipswich and is very proud to serve the local community. Our Academy has a welcoming and inclusive ethos; where our staff work hard to foster and develop close relationships with all our stakeholders. We are committed to providing the best possible education for all, ensuring all are welcome and succeed.
Mallard Way, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 9LR