Teacher of Science (Chemistry)
Hampstead School, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £30,480 to £41,482|
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students in accordance with the Conditions of Employment of School Teachers, the National Teachers Standards, the School’s aims and policies of the Governing Body and all Standard Operating Procedures.
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to fully achieve their individual potential
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
• To support colleagues in maintaining a high level of professionalism and contribute to a shared sense of purpose and positive emotional climate
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant degree/ PGCE or equivalent
• On appointment, enhanced DBS check associated with ability to promote safeguarding of children
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Successful teaching experience at:
(i) a school or
(ii) on teaching practice
• Imaginative and able teacher with the ability to engage and relate to students of all ability
• Evident skills of communication both verbal and non-verbal
• Knowledge of how students learn and the range of teaching and learning styles that may facilitate effective curriculum delivery
• As a people-centred organisation we offer an outstanding employee support package
• As a long standing Investor in People, Hampstead School has an amazing record of professional development leading to rapid career progression at all levels.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1308 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Hampstead School website (opens in a new window)|
About Hampstead School
Hampstead School is Camden’s largest maintained comprehensive School, educating 1335 students (including 285 in our stand-alone Sixth Form). The school is oversubscribed with a waiting list in all years, admitting 7 forms of entry from over 70 primary schools. Founded in 1961 as a mixed comprehensive school, Hampstead School has remained firmly committed to inclusive and nurturing education; quality of relationships based on respect and responsibility underpin all our endeavours. This continues to be epitomised in our motto “Learning Together Achieving Together”.
Reflecting our part of North West London, Hampstead School’s intake is predominantly from the local areas of Kilburn, West Hampstead, Cricklewood and Willesden. Our learners represent the diversity of our communities with over 70 languages spoken by our 50%+ bilingual students.
The school has been almost completely rebuilt over the past 5 years with our modern inspiring facilities offering a vibrant and brilliantly equipped place to work and study.
Ofsted noted that “Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils. Our equally diverse staff is well supported and encouraged to achieve their career aspirations. They share their passion for learning and commitment to delivering outstanding education to our students through our Kaizen approach. Consequently, we are proud of our terrific record of staff development, second-to-none, whereby posts arise because of the excellent career progression that teachers at Hampstead School experience.
Our package includes: Our own school Teaching & Learning Professional Development (weekly), Professional on site coaching, Further bespoke CPD through Camden Learning, Thorough New Qualified Teacher (NQT) programme and strong track record of working with Teach First, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders, Support for your well-being through our well-being team, and 24/7 Access to a personal employee assistance helpline, Access to counsellors, occupational health and mental health practitioners on-site, Free eye care vouchers and annual onsite free flu jab, Salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, Family friendly absence policies such as paid time-off for primary school plays, child-care emergencies and house moves, Guarantees to work-life balance such as no expectation of excess presenteeism or to open e-mails out-of-school hours, Hampstead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhance DBS check, Hampstead School is close to Cricklewood Thameslink Station and close to the triple transport hub of West Hamsptead stations (Tube; London Overground; Thameslink). A number of buses stop close to the school including the C11 at the dedicated Hampstead School bus stop.
Westbere Road, London, NW2 3RT