Teacher of Science (Chemistry)
We wish to appoint one full time Teacher of Chemistry across key stages 3, 4 and 5. The ability to teach A level Chemistry is essential. It is an exciting time to be joining; for the second year running, Science has been one of the highest performing subjects within this high performing school. We are therefore looking for someone who has exceptional subject knowledge and a passion for Chemistry to help inspire even more students to study this amazing subject. There is the potential for additional responsibilities to be attached to this position for the right candidate. Applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs are welcome.
Essential educational requirements
A degree or equivalent qualification
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Teaching experience (including training practice) within the designated age range.
• Understanding of child-safeguarding issues and successful measures that promote and ensure the safe-guarding of children.
• Knowledge of current legislation, guidance and developments relating to the subject area.
• Successful practice in accordance with the specified teaching standards 2012 (as identified below).
About Wymondham High Academy
Wymondham High is a very successful and oversubscribed 11-18 Academy, 8 miles from Norwich: - A "Good School" with an "Outstanding" Sixth Form (Ofsted, November 2017) - Tatler magazine Top 20 State School 2018 - Highest Performing State School in Norfolk 2018
- Folly Road, Wymondham, Norfolk, NR18 0QT
- Wymondham High Academy website (opens in a new window)