Teacher of Science
Heritage High School, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,737 to £40,688|
TEACHER OF SCIENCE
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2020
Heritage High School is a happy, safe and stimulating place to work and learn and it is our determination to continually improve that sets us apart from other schools. We believe that learning should be fun, challenging and stimulating and the quality of our people lies at the heart of achieving our goals.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Teacher of Science to join Heritage High School. In this role you will demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and consistently deliver inspirational lessons to our students. You will be expected to teach Biology, Physics, Chemistry and ideally Health and Social Care. However, the ability to teach Health and Social Care is desirable not an essential for this post.
You will have the opportunity to join a supportive faculty with excellent facilities with opportunities for progression within the school and the Trust.
The successful candidate will be hard-working, dedicated and focused. We welcome applications from colleagues with the drive and commitment to consistently pursue the highest standards of student outcomes and deliver sessions with an innovative, inspiring and challenging approach. This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 31 January 2020
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 6 February 2020
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject and evidence of continuing professional development.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues. Is able to teach National Curriculum Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 including the full GCSE specification.
Main/Upper Pay ScaleMore on how to apply
|School size||885 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Heritage High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Heritage High School
Boughton Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4QG