Teacher of Science
4 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
12 June 2023 at 9am
28 April 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5. hours
- MPS - UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
- strong, ambitious, and intelligent team player who is passionate about supporting young people to enjoy and succeed through their learning journey at Cockburn John Charles Academy
- An innovative, resilient, creative and motivated professional with an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education.
- An organised, reliable colleague who is committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve.
This is an exciting time to join a motivated, friendly and mission aligned growing team in a vibrant and successful school community with many opportunities to develop in the future.
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer:
- An exceptional CPD programme which is research led, valuable and bespoke
- A growing school with incredible opportunities to develop, be promoted and take onfurther responsibility
- A Staff Wellbeing group that regularly reviews our approach to workload and operates a wellbeing policy.
- All staff have access to counselling, mental health support, physio and virtual GPs.
- A highly experienced, visible, and supportive Senior and Middle Leadership Team
- A sensible approach to everything that we do, taking staff workload into consideration.
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
- Provision for special leave of absence
- Excellent maternity and paternity entitlements
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cockburn John Charles Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1147 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cockburn John Charles Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0113 4872800
Cockburn John Charles Academy is a member of the Cockburn Multi-academy Trust whose focus is on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Teaching and Learning drives an ambitious curriculum that seeks to stretch and challenge all students through academic rigour. A strong care, support and guidance structure supports learning throughout the school. Through dedication and hard work our students will have a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. We widen the aspirations of all students, to help them to reach destinations that are ambitious and fulfilling. We value the arts, both as part of the curriculum and as part of the school’s extensive enrichment and extra-curricular programme. We promote respect and good manners; these are fundamental to our school based on our shared Values and Expectations. We recognise the importance of each individual and the school’s place in the local community. We aim to promote lifelong learning by developing creative, independent and reflective learners. We believe in the equality of opportunity and in celebrating success for all. Arranging visit Contact 0113 4872800 location Old Run Road, Leeds, LS10 2JU. If candidates wish please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Similar jobs nearby
Dove Valley Way, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 8FE
Astrea Academy Dearne
Goldthorpe Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S63 9EW
Teacher of Science - Full-time, permanent
Ring Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 5AG
Bishop Young Church of England Academy
Bishops Way, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 6NU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire