Teacher of Science
Kirk Hallam Community Academy, Ilkeston, Derbyshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||MPS/UPS (£24,373 to £40,490)|
Key purpose of the job
To teach pupils in allocated classes in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
Responsibilities of a classroom teacher
• Teach pupils within allocated classes, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils
• Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons
• Monitor the academic progress of pupils within allocated classes and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement
• To assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of all pupils within allocated classes
• To register the attendance of pupils in class
• To set appropriate homework
• To mark pupil’s work and give appropriate and constructive feedback
• To research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials
• Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
• Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events
• Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
• Undertake critical self-evaluation and then participate in continuous professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching or other working practices.
Responsibilities of a form tutor
• To address any issues concerned with the wellbeing, personal development and academic progress of pupils within the tutor group
• To check uniform and general appearance on a daily basis
• To monitor the behaviour of pupils in the tutor group.
Performance Management responsibilities
• All members of staff are required to participate fully in the school’s performance management system.
Other professional requirements
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
• Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school
• Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
• Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
Westfield Health, Pension and CPD
- Teacher of Science_150420.pdf  0.10 MB
|School size||1090 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Kirk Hallam Community Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Kirk Hallam Community Academy
Kirk Hallam Community Academy is a medium-sized 11–18 academy, situated in the Erewash area of Derbyshire. Its students are drawn from both rural and urban areas. The academy admits students into Year 7 from 15 local primary schools.
Godfrey Drive, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 4HH