- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Initially until 31st August 2022)
- Main Payscale - UPS, suitable for NQTs
St Mary's is proud to be part of the Holy Family Multi Academy Trust where we strive to develop individual excellence, embrace opportunities and build strong communities with Gospel Values at the heart.
An enthusiastic, committed and inspirational teacher of Science is required to join an increasingly successful curriculum area which has made a major contribution to the significant improvement in examination results achieved throughout the College in recent years.
This role represents an exciting opportunity for any candidate who is eager to be a part of an organisation that seeks to secure the very highest educational standards for pupils, who has high standards, commitment, passion, and the ability to teach KS3 and KS4 across the full ability range and the opportunity to teach KS5. The department is recognised as a welcoming and nurturing team.
A flexible practitioner, you will teach across a wide ability range while maintaining high expectations for all learners, as well as a desire to help every child fulfil their potential.
We are looking for a teacher who:
● wants to transform children’s lives and develop a love of Science
● is an excellent classroom practitioner or the determination to develop into one
● works well with staff and pupils alike
● is looking to join a community of schools that promotes the formation of young people into successful citizens
● A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub, and has recently been awarded the status of a Teaching School Hub.
● Mentoring and high level training
● Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities to engage in system leadership
● A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core.
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please contact the College for an Application Form and Job Description or download from the Vacancies area of our website http://www.stmaryswallasey.com Completed Application Form and covering letter to be returned to the Headteacher, Mr K Maddocks via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 15th December at 12.00 midday.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1088 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Mary's Catholic College, A Voluntary Academy
St Mary’s is proud to be part of the Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust where we strive develop individual excellence, embrace opportunities and build strong communities with Gospel Values at heart. College committed safeguarding promoting welfare children young people expects all staff volunteers share this commitment. The easily accessible from M53, Junction 1 a mile away Wallasey Tunnel.
Arranging a visit to St Mary's Catholic College, A Voluntary Academy
As part of the interview process