TMS1- UPS 3 (£24,373-£40,490)
Contract Type: Part Time 0.6 FTE
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2020
Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you relish the chance to support colleagues to make rapid sustained school improvement? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What we offer:
· Our large and successful Science Faculty is where teachers are committed to developing active learning strategies to challenge and inspire all our students. The Faculty has strong links with our partner school in the USA. Science is extremely popular at GCSE, Advanced and Vocational Levels. Further information is available via the link on our website – www.finhampark.co.uk. As a training school and experienced department, we offer a thorough mentoring programme for NQTs wishing to apply including reduced contact time and a dedicated mentor who will meet with you regularly to offer guidance on marking and planning. In addition, as a lead school in a Multi Academy Trust, we are well versed in showcasing outstanding teaching and offering CPD for more experienced candidates, both within the school and across our other schools.
· The Governors are seeking to appoint an innovative Teacher of Science who has a passion for teaching and learning. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject. This role would be suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential. You will be joining a team of strong and enthusiastic Science Teachers who are committed to delivering a high quality, lively, interesting curriculum to challenge and inspire all our students. You will be required to teach to Key Stage 3 and 4 and have the ability to teach to Advanced Level standard.
· Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students and is consistently oversubscribed. The school was rated as 'Outstanding' for the second time in 2015. Standards are consistently above national averages with us being a high performing school that received 'World Class' status for the second time in 2018.
· We provide a wealth of CPD opportunities for staff across a range of stages in their careers. The CPD responds to the needs of the school, the staff and the Multi Academy Trust through our Teaching School, The Lion Alliance.
· We have a commitment to improving staff well-being through a school well-being charter and a commitment to improving work-life balance.
· The school offers a number of onsite benefits including free parking, a high quality staffroom, on site café and access to a gym.
Find out more about life at the school from social media:
Twitter: @FinhamPark Facebook: www.facebook/FinhamPark1
What you offer:
· Someone who is committed and motivated professional with an ambitious vision for the subject.
· An experienced teacher who wants to work in a leading Academy focused on ensuring that all students achieve or exceed their potential.
· A team player.
Closing and interview dates:
Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th June at 9am with interviews being held on Tuesday 23rd June 2020.
Finham Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be request to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.More on how to apply
1541 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Finham Park School
Finham Park is a popular, successful and exciting secondary comprehensive school of over 1,500 students, located in the south-west of Coventry. The school became an 'Outstanding' convertor to Academy status in August 2011 and is the lead school in the 'Finham Park Multi-Academy' Trust in 2015. Currently oversubscribed, the school attracts students from across the city.
Standards are consistently above national averages - a credit to the students, their families and our staff. We are a High-Performing School that received 'World Class' status in 2015 and again in 2018 and also have National Support School and Leading Edge status.
Green Lane, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 6EA