Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPS depending on experience
Folkestone Academy is looking to recruit a research-engaged, dedicated Science Teacher (NQT candidates considered) to help us ensure that our knowledge-led curriculum is effectively delivered to our ambitious, confident and successful pupils.
As a faculty we are committed to supporting our pupils in becoming confident in their own ability, with a sense of purpose and a vision for their futures. We want all of our pupils to be successful, achieving qualifications that prepare them to succeed in their ambitions so that the Academy is a place where all children thrive and knowledge matters. We have high expectations of our pupils at the Academy; our behaviour policy assures the highest expectations of behaviour in and out of lessons, creating a calm and purposeful learning environment.
The Folkestone Academy community strongly believes that its purpose is to serve the young people of the local coastal community with a powerful education.
We need an inspirational and experienced science teacher who is highly motivated and dedicated. The right candidate would have a passion for powerful education and research and be capable to take on an appropriate responsibility within the department. The role will require an expert teacher who is capable of leading and inspiring colleagues as well as pupils. They will have an enthusiasm and passion for science education and must be able to translate that to the classroom. The science team at Folkestone Academy are used to working collaboratively and the ability to help to develop this approach is an important part of this role, along with working as part of the wider Trust Science department.
For candidates who would like to discuss this role before application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Come and join us to be a part of our journey.
The ideal candidate will…
In return, Turner Schools can offer...
- be dedicated to improving pupils progress and raising attainment
- possess the drive and determination to assist students in breaking down barriers inside and outside of education
- value our respectful environment, ensuring that pupils and colleagues alike respect and support each other to ensure a calm and purposeful site
- believe that a knowledge and research-led curriculum is the necessary catalyst, with the ability and determination to be part of the Academy’s community to support ambitious, confident and successful students
- be confident in developing and delivering innovative approaches to science teaching in the classroom and through virtual provision
- have some experience of middle leadership or be at a suitable point of their career to take this step up
- a strong ethos and culture that promotes the belief that all pupils can achieve
- calm and purposeful learning environments, with high pupil behaviour expectations
- a warm and welcoming team of teachers and associate staff
- manageable workload through sensible and efficient policies
- personalised coaching and CPD programmes alongside an investment in your career and development through financing Masters qualifications, training courses and conferences as requested
- a Trust which takes student and faculty welfare seriously
- Private healthcare from Benenden Health medical, including a 24/7 prescription GP service, counselling, access to the BUPA hospital network and physiotherapy.
- a genuine opportunity to make a difference by being part of the exciting Trust vision.
Applying for the job
Please click on the link and complete the online applicationMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Academy, ages 11 to 19
1842 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About Folkestone Academy
At Folkestone Academy we foster an environment where students value their education and enjoy their learning and feel inspired to develop their true passions. We offer traditional academic subjects alongside creative arts, sports and a vibrant extra-curricular. We want our pupils to find their talents and be the best they can be.
We believe our purpose is to provide the young people we serve with a powerful education. This education will foster ambitious students who have the confidence to succeed academically and to go on to live fulfilled, successful lives.
We believe that a knowledge-led curriculum delivered by research-engaged, dedicated practitioners is the catalyst necessary to achieve this purpose. Essential to this purpose is our shared commitment to our values.
Folkestone Academy is part of Turner Schools, which is committed to giving a powerful education to local families through schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Turner Schools is committed to ensuring success without selection for our pupils and students by teaching them the core knowledge and life skills they need to thrive in the modern world. Turner Schools is committed to leading schools where children thrive and knowledge matters. Our mission is to set a new standard in non-selective education, empowering our pupils and students with cultural capital. In this way we will contribute to the regeneration of the region; we call this mission ‘sea-change’.
Our schools include: Folkestone Academy; Folkestone Primary; Morehall Primary; Martello Primary; and Turner Free School.
Turner Schools is committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. It expects all staff and volunteers to share this same commitment. Any appointment is subject to satisfactory recruitment checks, including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Two references are required prior to commencement of employment. We are an equal opportunities employer.