Teacher of Science
We need an enthusiastic, energetic and suitably qualified science teacher to join our team. The post is permanent, full-time and would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. You will be required to teach across the age and ability range through Years 7 to 11.
The person appointed will be joining a committed, experienced and friendly team of staff within a highly successful science department which has just been awarded the Platinum Science Mark; a standard only 15% of secondary school science departments will meet. This is an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively to develop strategies and good practice to promote science and to contribute strengths throughout the school as a whole.
It is very important for the successful applicant to be:
• an enthusiastic teacher of science;
• able to work co-operatively with a team of teachers;
• aware of the importance of the organisation of different teaching strategies which underpin successful learning situations;
• able to devise active learning situations for groups of children;
• willing to undertake class teacher responsibilities including the pastoral and welfare oversight of children;
• able to attend and contribute to regular meetings
The school operates a no smoking policy.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree or equivalent in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Successful experience teaching science in the middle/secondary sector (or placements for NQTs)
• Pastoral experience
Westfield Health health cover
Bike to Work scheme
About Goldington Academy
- Haylands Way, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 9BX
- Goldington Academy website (opens in a new window)