|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a passionate Teacher of Science to join our successful team. Science is a subject where you can really captivate students’ attention with various exciting experiments and interactive lessons. At Stockwood Park Academy, we have two corridors dedicated to Science with modern, fully equipped labs and Science Technicians on hand to help. We are looking to appoint a teacher who is motivated to teach engaging and effective lessons with the range of resources we have available.
At The Stockwood Park Academy, we offer a school that will genuinely invest, support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner and enable you to keep climbing the career ladder. If you are ambitious about excelling in your career and taking on additional responsibilities, we will give you the opportunities that you crave.
It is incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of staff that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
• To manage pupil learning through effective teaching in accordance with the Department’s schemes of work and policies
• To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of pupil needs and ensure equal opportunity for all pupils.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To use positive management of behaviour in an environment of mutual respect which allows pupils to feel safe and secure and promotes their self-esteem.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Experience teaching Science
• Ability to use IT to support both the curriculum and work organisation
• Ability to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning.
• Ability to assess the needs of individuals to inform lesson planning.
• Ability to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
• Resilience in working with challenging behaviours
|School size||1328 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Stockwood Park Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Stockwood Park Academy
Rotheram Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP