Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
£25,714 - £41,604
Salary Grade: MPS/UPS (if post threshold)
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 April 2021 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
Start date: September 2020
The science department at John Mason School is research informed and has developed a knowledge rich curriculum offer. The team are dedicated to the principle that, if taught well, all students can be academically successful. Leaders in the department work to ensure positive staff wellbeing and manageable workload.
Applications are invited from reflective, disciplined, motivated and inspiring practitioners with specialisms in Chemistry or Physics, who have the capacity to deliver outstanding teaching, ensuring that students achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will understand principles of a knowledge rich curriculum and have an understanding of relevant areas of cognitive science. They will be passionate about personal improvement and about promoting and teaching Science.
If you believe that all students can achieve and want to work as part of a supportive, research engaged team, we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will be:
• passionate about their subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
• committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
• disciplined able to work effectively as part of the team.
• a role model for our students and staff.
• committed to professional development
In return we will offer you:
• a comprehensive program of professional development
• the satisfaction of being part of a friendly, supportive and reflective team
• well-resourced schemes of learning that will reduce workload
• students who have a desire to achieve and respect the school’s expectations.
• excellent care and support for all staff.
Abingdon Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer that recognises the terms and conditions of maintained schools, including maternity benefits. The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
Applying for the job
Please see all application forms on school website. Completed forms to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.