Teacher of Science
Due to the current post holder not returning from maternity leave, the Management Committee is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Science, who has a clear vision for raising the quality of teaching and the social and academic learning of all our students and their family unit. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience and drive who can help us focus even more clearly upon improving the lives and prospects of each of our students and to further develop our truly student-centred curriculum – where quality Science learning can be at the core of our student’s life skills and further education.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
• co-coordinating Science and rapidly raise our student's scientific abilities;
• developing our curriculum in order to improve suitable outcomes for all our students, especially at GCSE level;
• being responsible for the Science curriculum design; to offer all students the opportunity to learn; predominately from KS 3&4;
• leading others by example of outstanding quality of learning and teaching;
• lead by example in effectively using data across the school to challenge expectations and to raise standards of achievement in Science etc;
• support the Executive Headteacher and her Management Committee in continuing to move the school forward in all educational aspects of Science in today's educational climate and contribute to all other aspects of development of Kettlebrook to become an outstanding Pupil Referral Unit.
Other responsibilities will be discussed with the successful candidate on appointment. These might include:
• Science & STEM workshops / visits to Science based venues etc.
• Willingness to teach other subjects/areas of interest etc, Cross curricular themed projects;
• Pastoral Welfare of all students.
Kettlebrook is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Enhanced CRB disclosure is required for the appointment to this post with 2 outstanding references.
Please follow the link to our website for further information and the application pack. Due to safeguarding reasons we cannot accept CVs.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in subject specialism
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
An excellent classroom teacher, achieving the 'Teachers Standards'.
Evidence of outstanding teaching skills - having an impact on student's learning, raising achievement and adding value both socially and academically.
Knowledge and understanding of current developments in teaching and learning in the secondary sector.
Evidence of working with other professionals as part of a team; planning work
Experience of using ICT in innovative ways to support and enhance learing.
Ability to use information and data effectively to plan Individual Learning Plans and raise achievement.
Ability to identify and implement effective strategies for intervention.
About Kettlebrook Short Stay School
KSSS is a Pupil Referral Unit in Tamworth. We work with 11-16 year old students - who whatever reasons find it difficult to access education in their mainstream secondary schools. We closely with these schools, external agencies, family and alternative providers to enable each student to achieve the academic and social success that they deserve in moving their lives forwards. Each student has an Individual Learning Plan which includes academic goals, social objectives and behaviour strategies that when working together should empower each student to achieve life long success.
- Tame Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 1AL
- Not Applicable
- LA Maintained School
- Kettlebrook Short Stay School website (opens in a new window)